We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI4: IR controlled devices not available in remotes  (Read 19980 times)

Offline OtisPresley

UI4: IR controlled devices not available in remotes
« on: May 07, 2011, 12:40:24 pm »
I am new to the Vera controller and to the GC-100, so I am hopefully missing something.  I got a Vera 2 and a GC-100-12 for controlling my A/V gear, Z-Wave devices, etc.  I have successfully added the GC-100 plugin from the MiOS Marketplace and added my GC-100 by filling in the IP and MAC addresses on the Advanced tab.  I do have the parent device and 3 relays.  I know that I will have to write my own plugins for most of my gear and that is fine.  I figured I would start simple and work with my Samsung TV (HLP5685WX) first since there are codes already in the database that work.  I have been trying to get this working for over a week now and cannot find an answer to this problem in the documentation, in the forums, or in a general web search.  My Vera and GC-100 code versions:

Vera 2: UI4 v1.1.1047
GC-100-12: 3.2-12

Here is the process I used for adding the device:
1) Go to "Add/Remove Devices" and select Next for adding IR devices (Add a device you control with a normal infrared remote control, like a TV, cable box, stereo, etc.)
2) Select the proper IR port on the GC-100, which is now #60 GC100 I/R Port ()
3) Select TV as the device type, Samsung for manufacturer, and the model with codes that work for my TV.  The test buttons work and control the TV as expected.
4) Select "Use this Model", and it downloads the plugin and finally presents me with a control pad for the new device.
5) Go to the Advanced tab, assign it to a room and give it a meaningful name, exit the control pad, and click "Save" in the upper right-hand corner.

Once that is complete, I create a scene so that I can build the remote:
1) Go to "Add Scene", close the scene, click Save, and go back into the scene to the Remote tab (If I don't do this, then I just have to add a scene again after creating the remote because it does not return you to the UI when you are finished)
2) Click "Create remote", add a description, choose a JPG image, choose Other for Platform and Type in Android, and "Make this remote template private just for me"
3) Add new click coordinates, choose "Send a command", and choose the command from the list (It can be difficult to find the exact commands from the buttons you tested when adding the device since all the possible commands are just lumped together in one list).  Repeat this step until all commands are added.
4) Click Save and then Finished
5) Navigate back to the Vera dashboard, go into edit for the scene, and go to the Remote tab
6) Find my remote in the list and click Pick.
7) Click the drop-down list for -- Send command to device --. I only see my room names here and no devices

This is where my confusion begins.  There are no devices in the list for me to send commands to.  I can go to the Advanced tab for the scene, Select my TV, click Add, Select the command to send, close the control pad and save, and the command works when I run the scene.  I just cannot select it as a device to send commands to on the Remote tab no matter what remote control I Pick from the list.  I am hoping that it is just some very simple relationship that I have missed being a new user.

Any help here is appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:43:48 pm by OtisPreslsy »

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
Re: UI4: IR controlled devices not available in remotes
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:20:39 am »
I would lice do the same, but i m blocked at the first step. Where is the button add/remove device in Vera 1245?

Thank you very much!
Matteo

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:33:28 am »
I would lice do the same, but i m blocked at the first step. Where is the button add/remove device in Vera 1245?
@teonebello,
See over here?

(Which hardware do you have, GC100 or USB-UIRT?)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 06:38:45 am by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 12:41:25 am »
Does no one else have this problem or see what I am doing wrong?

Offline teonebello

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:45:45 pm »
Same problem Now as you without solution.

Did you get a solution.

Thanks

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:14:00 pm »
No, still no response to this problem.  I am starting to think that it is likely a major bug in UI4, but I would like to know either way.  As of right now, I cannot use anything connected to my GC-100 (from the device database anyway.  There is no point in wasting my time writing a plugin for other devices if this won't work.  I am not entirely certain about how to create and associate an IR device from the MiOS Developers area anyway) without creating a scene for each command, and I don't want to go down that road; it is easier to just use the original remotes than to scroll through a bunch of scenes to find the right command.

Same problem Now as you without solution.

Did you get a solution.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:17:53 pm by OtisPreslsy »

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 06:13:57 pm »
I upgraded to the 1.1.1245 beta last night and still have the same issue.

Offline teonebello

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 06:57:12 am »
Still with the problem. Are you behind a router/firewall? In my case yes

Tonight I would like to connect my Vera directly to internet.

The support said that MAYBE they move the plug in folder and now it nor more (temporally) to access them.

::)

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 08:53:39 am »
Yes, my Vera is behind a router/firewall.  I have no issues with it downloading plugins.  It does that just fine.

Offline crookers13

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 07:00:08 pm »
Hello there
i'm brand new to vera (2 days  :)). I'm loving the potential of it and looking forward to a few more of my z wave devices turning up and alarm arriving.
I am trying to do the same with the remote and have exactly the same problem.
has anybody got any ideas whats wrong?
I have downloaded a samsung plugin that works with my tv and it has created a device. I then go and setup a remote only to get the screen where it says send a command and then in the dropdown box i can only see my rooms not the remote device??
I'm using the usb-uirt with vera 2.

Many thanks

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 10:04:28 pm »
Hey crookers13,

I have logged a support case with the MCV team.  On Friday, they advised me that they are still looking at the issue and should have an update in a few days.  More will be shared as it develops.

Offline crookers13

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 06:40:20 am »
hello otispresley

thanks for the reply.
i do hope they get it sorted out soon as i really want to be able to use vera as a remote control for all my av gear.

looking forward to a potential update.  :)
i'll keep checking back her to see any developments.

Offline crookers13

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 04:59:53 am »
Hello there

Any news from mcv on an update to fix this?

It should be so simple to create a universal remote control.
I'm really dissapointed that this can't be done as it was one of my main goals to have AV control.

I've managed to do it on a free windows  progam and it all works fine with the usb-uirt just a shame i have to run a windows pc  and vera!!

Looks like vera is gonna have to go!

Anybody from MCV available for comment on maybe  fixing the problem?

Thanks.

Offline OtisPresley

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 11:09:01 am »
The last I heard from MCV was a week ago via email where they said that the developers were looking into the issue.  Having A/V control integrated with light, HVAC, and Security control was my main reason for going with Vera as well.  The product has such potential; it's just a shame that amonth after you report a problem, all you still get is "We're looking at it".  The GC-100 and IR emitters have been connected to my A/V gear for about 6 weeks now, and I am still unable to use it.

Offline crookers13

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 04:22:28 am »
Is there any news from anyone at MCV about fixing this problem???? There seem to be a few people who want to use this function with usb uirts and gc-100s.
The only answers are to buy sqremote??? Thats not a solution. I have android tablets and phones and don't want to BUY A 200quid iphone just to control my av gear when the function is already there in vera to make a remote that i can use on the smartphone app its just not working.
 Its just not good enough it should be a simple fix for the people at mcv and yet there is no replies to posts etc.
 ???